Contribute to improve the OpenAIRE Research Graph
Help us making the graph ready for its 1st production release by providing your feedback by the end of December 2019.
Go to the OpenAIRE Research Graph Trello Board to report content quality issues, including missing metadata records, wrong values, mistakes in the detection of duplicates and anything else that looks "weird" or wrong.
Find the complete information about the OpenAIRE Research Graph, how to test it and contribute to improve it on our blog.
Openaire XML Schema changed on 2 October 2018. Click here for details
Bulk access to projects
The APIs offer custom access to metadata about projects funded by a selection of international funders for the DSpace and EPrints platforms.
The currently supported funding streams and relative codes are:
- FP7: The 7th Framework Programme funded by the European Commission
- WT: Wellcome Trust funding programme
- H2020: Horizon2020 Programme funded by the European Commission
- FCT: The funding programme of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, the national funding agency of Portugal
- ARC: the funding programme of the Australian Research Council
- NHMRC: the funding programme of the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council
- SFI: Science Foundation Ireland
- HRZZ: Croatian Science Foundation
- MZOS: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia
- MESTD: The Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Serbia
- NWO: The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research
DSpace endpoint: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/dspace/$fundingStream/ALL/ALL
ePrints endpoint: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/$fundingStream/ALL/ALL
The URLs embed the parameters needed to collect projects funded by specific funding stream, where the pattern is FundingStream/FundingSubStream/FundingSubSubStream.
Additional parameters can be concatenated to the URL to refine the results by date (date must be in the form
Get Wellcome Trust projects for EPrints: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/WT/ALL/ALL
Get EC-FP7 projects of the specific programme “SP2-IDEAS” for EPrints: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/FP7/SP2/ALL
Get EC-FP7 projects for DSpace that started after the given date: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/dspace/FP7/ALL/ALL?startFrom=2011-01-01.
APIs are free-to-use (no sign-up needed) by any third-party service
Metadata license is CC-BY: the metadata records retuned by the service can be freely re-used by commercial and non-commercial partners under CC-BY license, hence as long as OpenAIRE is acknowledged as content provider.
Quality of Service: all API services are running in production 24/7 within the OpenAIRE infrastructure premises deployed at the data center facilities of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (ICM).
APIs rate limits
- no more than 30 concurrent connections from single IP to any APIs
- no more than 67 concurrent requests in total