Openaire XML Schema has been changed! Please click here to learn more!
Bulk access via OAI-PMH
Currently the OAI-PMH publisher is not supporting incremental harvesting.
Although the usage of the OAI parameters 'from' and 'until' is handled by the OAI publisher, the datestamps of metadata records are updated about every week.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to harvesters,
The OpenAIRE technical team
OAI-PMH is a standard protocol for metadata publishing and harvesting. For details on the OAI-PMH protocol please refer to the official documentation at http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html
The OpenAIRE OAI-PMH endpoint is http://api.openaire.eu/oai_pmh
For information about the endpoint check http://api.openaire.eu/oai_pmh?verb=Identify
The updated list of OAI sets is always available at http://api.openaire.eu/oai_pmh?verb=ListSets
For quick reference, we report some of the likely more interesting sets:
- openaire: the set of publications. Metadata prefixes available: oaf, oai_dc
- FP7Publications: the set of publications funded by EC FP7. Metadata prefixes available: oaf, oai_dc
- H2020Publications: the set of publications funded by EC H2020. Metadata prefixes available: oaf, oai_dc
- openaire_data: the set of datasets. Metadata prefixes available: oaf, oai_datacite
- OpenAccess: the set of all Open Access publications and datasets. Metadata prefixes available: oaf (return datasets and publications), oai_dc (return datasets and publications), oai_datacite (return datasets only)
- projects: the set of all projects. Metadata prefix available: oaf
- ECProjects: the set of projects funded by the European Commission (EC) under the programmes FP7 and H2020. Metadata prefix available: oaf
- FP7Projects: the set of projects funded by the EC Seventh Framework Programme. Metadata prefix available: oaf
- H2020Projects: the set of projects funded by the EC Horizn 2020 Programme. Metadata prefix available: oaf
- WTProjects: the set of projects funded by Wellcome Trust. Metadata prefix available: oaf
For the list of available metadata prefixes, check: http://api.openaire.eu/oai_pmh?verb=ListMetadataFormats.
Note that records will always be available in the OpenAIRE format (schema, documentation). The availability of records in oai_dc and oai_datacite depends on the typology of records.
Publications are avaialble in
oai_dc according to the OpenAIRE3.0 guidelines for literature repositories.
Datasets are available in
oai_datacite according to the OpenAIRE2.0 guidelines for data archives.
APIs are free-to-use (no sign-up needed) by any third-party service
Metadata license is CC-BY: the metadata records retuned by the service can be freely re-used by commercial and non-commercial partners under CC-BY license, hence as long as OpenAIRE is acknowledged as content provider.
Quality of Service: all API services are running in production 24/7 within the OpenAIRE infrastructure premises deployed at the data center facilities of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (ICM).
APIs rate limits
- no more than 30 concurrent connections from single IP to any APIs
- no more than 67 concurrent requests in total