Openaire XML Schema has been changed! Please click here to learn more!
Bulk access to projects
The APIs offer custom access to metadata about projects funded by a selection of international funders for the DSpace and EPrints platforms.
The currently supported funding streams and relative codes are:
- FP7: The 7th Framework Programme funded by the European Commission
- WT: Wellcome Trust funding programme
- H2020: Horizon2020 Programme funded by the European Commission
- FCT: The funding programme of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, the national funding agency of Portugal
- ARC: the funding programme of the Australian Research Council
- NHMRC: the funding programme of the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council
- SFI: Science Foundation Ireland
- HRZZ: Croatian Science Foundation
- MZOS: Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia
- MESTD: The Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of Serbia
- NWO: The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research
DSpace endpoint: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/dspace/$fundingStream/ALL/ALL
ePrints endpoint: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/$fundingStream/ALL/ALL
The URLs embed the parameters needed to collect projects funded by specific funding stream, where the pattern is FundingStream/FundingSubStream/FundingSubSubStream.
Additional parameters can be concatenated to the URL to refine the results by date (date must be in the form
Get Wellcome Trust projects for EPrints: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/WT/ALL/ALL
Get EC-FP7 projects of the specific programme “SP2-IDEAS” for EPrints: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/eprints/FP7/SP2/ALL
Get EC-FP7 projects for DSpace that started after the given date: http://api.openaire.eu/projects/dspace/FP7/ALL/ALL?startFrom=2011-01-01.
APIs are free-to-use (no sign-up needed) by any third-party service
Metadata license is CC-BY: the metadata records retuned by the service can be freely re-used by commercial and non-commercial partners under CC-BY license, hence as long as OpenAIRE is acknowledged as content provider.
Quality of Service: all API services are running in production 24/7 within the OpenAIRE infrastructure premises deployed at the data center facilities of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (ICM).
APIs rate limits
- no more than 30 concurrent connections from single IP to any APIs
- no more than 67 concurrent requests in total